Saturday, March 15, 2014

Toilet Paper Roll Brag Book Tutorial

For this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to cover & assemble a Toilet Paper Brag Book.  This does not include start to finish on the same book...you will see 3 different books in this tutorial.

First, gather your supplies:
     - 3 to 6 empty toilet paper rolls
     - 1 or 2 binder rings
     - strong adhesives (I use 1/8" and 2" Scor-Tape, Tombow Multi Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals & a stapler)
     - a heavy-duty hole punch or paper drill (I use a Crop-A-Dile II)
     - paper trimmer & scissors
     - bone folder
     - ruler
     - your favorite Designer Series Paper (DSP) or patterned paper (3 to 6 designs)
     - a roll of Washi Tape that goes with your paper
     - a few pieces of matching cardstock
     - a couple coordinating ribbons (especially if you want to tie your book closed)
     - stamps, punches, dies, rhinestones, inks & any other embellishments you want to use to decorate your book

Here is a completed book using the Retro Fresh DSP & Washi Tape.
Step-by-step Instructions:








(This book uses the Sweet Sorbet DSP from Sale-a-bration & the Epic Day Washi Tape.)

At this point you can decorate your book & finish it how you would like!

If you'd like instructions for the ties shown in the completed book at the top & the inserts for the rolls, please read on!



 
 I hope you all have enjoyed this tutorial!  Please leave me some feedback...especially if you have any questions that I didn't answer!!  This was the first attempt at a tutorial like this (since I don't currently have a way to do videos) & I will be looking to make improvements for the next one. :)

Thanks for stopping by & don't forget to leave some love & share my blog with your friends too!
~Cybil

1 comment: